Followers

Thursday 8 April 2010

Aloha!

After some planning, a lot of last-minute scrambling, and a looooong day of travel, we are here in Honolulu, Hawaii.

We left Okinawa on Wednesday morning, flew to Tokyo, had a layover, and flew to Honolulu, arriving.....Wednesday morning!  Gotta love the time difference coming this way.

We've checked into Tripler Army Hospital, spent the day running a few errands, and are now seriously jetlagged, sitting in our hotel.

And....I went to Target today!  Twice! 

It's so funny.  When I am in Oki, other than a few times here and there, I do not miss stuff like Target.  I just don't care all that much about not having it readily available.  (My wallet thanks me for this.)  However, now that I am actually here, I will scour that store up and down, along with every other store I have time to get to.  It's really rather amusing.

However, our primary mission here is to get Kieran's surgery all taken care of.  We have pre-op appointments tomorrow and surgery set up for April 12th.  I am anxious, nervous, excited, everything.  I don't know much about the details of Kieran's surgery-I anticipate finding out more tomorrow.  I am surprised at my outward level of  calmness...I attribute that to knowing for the past 19 months that this day was forthcoming.

My mom, wonderful as she is, has decided to join us in Hawaii to both help out with Brendan, but also to help with caring for Kieran, and to help take a stressful load off of us.  I am so very appreciative of the fact that she took time off away from work and time away from the rest of the family to make sure that we were taken care of. 

I will be sure to update as much as possible.  :)

1 comment:

Dominique -aka- 美華ちゃん said...

Yay, I'm glad you made it safely :)