Followers

Tuesday 16 November 2010

3 Years! Really?

We arrived on the island of Okinawa 3 years ago today and those three years have simply flown by! 

This is Brendan and me, Sunset Beach, Nov. 2007-our first time out exploring in American Village!  It's amazing to think that he's younger in this picture than Kieran is now.  I can't believe he's grown up so much!  I miss this baby in the picture-but of course, I love the ornery preschooler we have now.  <3

This past 3 years has been filled with adventure, on and off of Okinawa.  We explored, shopped, ate and made our merry way around Okinawa.  We added a family member-Kieran-and new adventures began with him and navigating his challenges.  Jason deployed and I took a Space-A flight with the boys to visit family in the States.  We went to Hawaii twice for medical stuff/surgery and then finally got to take a real vacation this summer to Hong Kong!  

This last year is going to be busy!  We've got two vacations planned (Sapporo Ice Festival and Tokyo), Brendan will start kindergarten and we'll be preparing to PCS.  Right now, we're just trying to fit in everything that we haven't done in Okinawa, as well as things we can't do once we leave.  I find it a little sad every time I look out at the ocean, knowing I only have one more year to see it whenever I want...but I'm definitely going to enjoy the last year we have here as much as I can!

And, here are a few more early pictures.

Playing at Marek Park (the playground isn't even there anymore!) Nov or Dec. 2007
Christmas 2007-First Christmas in Okinawa.  Brendan is 18 months
Baby Kieran is home!  Sept 2008
Halloween 2008
Kieran, 1 year!  This would be after being stripped down-he had cake and icing all over!





1 comment:

Sadie said...

what a great experience! I am very jealous of your upcoming travels!