Followers

Wednesday 25 November 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Turkey Day here in Okinawa....yum! Of course, that means a busy day for me in the kitchen. Luckily, Jason takes care of everything with the turkey, so I'm off the hook there. I'm trying a new stuffing recipe this year-it has portabella mushrooms and leeks in it-should be interesting. I have to make my own whole wheat bread crumbs too....in fact, the kitchen calls now.

Ah, I'm back. Thanksgiving Night...the food has been eaten, kids are in bed, and I'm about to head off to bed.

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. We had some good friends come over-so we had 4 kids in the house...they all did so great. The food was terrific-Jason's turkey was wonderful as usual, the stuffing came out great, and we had sweet potato casserole and dressing, as well as candied carrots that our friends brought over.

Kieran loved the carrots-in fact, that was all he ate. Brendan didn't eat much either...he was a little too wound up with having friends over. After stuffing ourselves (and cleaning up, ugh) the bigger kids went and played in Brendan's room with his trains, while the adults stayed in the living room. Kieran had a lot of fun playing...and WALKING! Yes, he FINALLY walked. He took about 6 steps at first-4 more than he had previously taken. He looked so proud of himself. We were amazed. Then, he managed about 10 steps, walking from Jason to me. It was fantastic. I think he'll be walking full time by Christmas. I'm so excited-we've worked so hard in therapy to get to this point.

Then we moved onto pie-the kids were very excited about that. I made pumpkin pie, and our friends brought chocolate pudding pie over...Brendan was excited to eat both. Kieran gobbled his pumpkin pie down-he practically inhaled it. I gave him a small piece of the chocolate-not too much, since it had a lot of uncooked milk in it. Then, I gave him another small slice of pumpkin....he picked up the ENTIRE slice and started to eat it.





After a long, and surprisingly happy day (no tantrums, misbehaving children, etc...)
the kids headed off to bed, we finished cleaning up the kitchen, and watched a movie. Now, I'm headed off to bed early (not feeling good-I've been sick and can't seem to shake it). Jason is up early to go to the Black Friday sale at the Marina-hoping to get a new scuba tank, as one of ours has a leak.

Oh yes. And I can't forget...yesterday was Brendan's preschool performance-he did great. He was a little shy with some of it and didn't dance, but warmed up by the last performance.

Here are some pictures from that.


No comments: