Followers

Friday 8 January 2010

Wow, 2010 already!

Man, I remember when 2000 seemed so far away! Now it seems so long ago!

Lots going on with us lately-I'll try to at least mention most of it.

To start with, we had a great Christmas. It was a nice, relaxed Christmas morning and day, with just our family. We got to sleep in a little and open presents at our leisure. The kids were really excited at what Santa brought-a play kitchen for them to share, a popper toy for Kieran, and a kids keyboard and camera for Brendan. Brendan must have taken 100 pictures that day alone!

We got some pretty nifty stuff too-Jason got me a new camera-I've been wanting one for a few years. I'm currently taking some classes on Kadena about using my new camera.

Brendan is not going to his preschool anymore-we decided to pull him out due to some issues we had with their methods of discipline. He's starting up the part-time program at Kadena this upcoming week, so that'll be good.

In our big news...we found a house! Finally! After 2 years of living here, and looking on and off, we found a house to rent. I am so very excited. We move in about 1 month. We will have a nice, big backyard and a great ocean view-we're going to be about 1/2 mile (maybe less!) from a public beach. We're definitely excited about that. And...we're facing the west coast, so we will get ocean sunsets. Unfortunately, it's a little bit more of a drive than we'd prefer, but it's worth it for the yard. We have to switch to an electric stove too...and man, I hate those. After having gas for the last 9 years...it's hard to go back. But, it'll be fine.

Kieran is walking full-time now, so that's really exciting. Even when he falls, he pushes right back up to standing and walks again. He's come so far-I think that by the time he's preschool age, no one will know he was ever behind. That's my hope anyways.

I guess that's about it-or at least it than I can think of.

No comments: