Followers

Wednesday 27 January 2010

When the word "mmm!" signals it's something not so good...

It's parenting lesson oh, 5,349,047.

One should always, always remember than quiet=bad, unless the kid is sleeping.

Tonight, I was multi-tasking. I was checking Okinawa Yard Sales for anything we might need (a shed, bunk beds, etc), trying to get dinner on plates for the boys, calling Jason, and checking email. All at once.

This means I was paying not a lick of attention to the boys. Brendan was playing with some toys, and Kieran was drinking some milk, while sitting on the floor by the table...or so I thought.

I hung up with Jason, finished getting food on plates, and looked over to the dining room. Kieran was in fact sitting on the floor, just like I thought. He was not however, drinking his milk. Not even close. The milk was sitting 2 feet away from him. What was sitting next to him however was...dum...dum...dum-dum.....

YOGURT! Yes, yogurt. As in a dairy product. (Kieran is lactose-intolerant). Brendan had left his mostly uneaten yogurt from his snack on the table. Nothing like a lactose-intolerant kid eating 2 hour old yogurt....mmmm.

Speaking of "mmm", that's exactly what Kieran was saying, while holding up the spoon and grinning. He LOVES yogurt. I only wish he could actually eat it all the time-though we may try and see if it bothers him as much as other dairy products do.

So, what does a mom do when she sees her kid eating yogurt-and when I say eating, I really mean wearing and finger-painting the floor with it....grab the camera of course!

For your enjoyment:




2 comments:

Dominique -aka- 美華ちゃん said...

lmao that is too cute! Hopefully his little tummy will be alright.

Emma said...

lol, how cute!!

I hope all that yogurt didn't mess up his poor belly.

PS: I am a "run and get the camera before I clean up the mess" kind of person also, lol. (: