Followers

Saturday 13 March 2010

The Clearance Aisle: A Very Dangerous Place

Today ended up being a wonderful day.

It started out on the wrong foot...kids up early, cranky, husband home from work late trying to sleep, tantrums (the kids, not the husband)....

I was done with the day by 8:15.  A.M.  Yes, it was that bad.  Luckily, it was time for the cranky, tired wonderful husband to get (woken) up.  I had to leave at 8:50 to workout.  Yes, workout.  Yes, on a Saturday.  I wouldn't pass it up for the world...CrossFit, while looking at that gorgeous ocean, without kids.  What's not to love?

The husband finally stumbled out of bed and I rushed off to workout.  After a workout that was 2 parts strenous and 3 parts a little too easy (I should have used more weight, I know, I know!) I headed back home to get ready for the rest of the day.

We rushed about, showers, lunch for the kids and piled into the cars.  Once again, bliss...Daddy drove with the devil darling children and I drove my car, peacefully, listening to the sounds of....only the radio!  No whining, no crying, nothing but the not-so-good AFN deejay.  Hey, I'll take what I can get.

We dropped my car off for a much-needed oil change, and then dropped the short ones off at the CDC, for Give Parents a Break Day.  We kissed, hugged, said "You'll be fine" and dashed out the door...freedom!  5 hours of freedom!

We went to lunch at one of our favorite Italian (!) places and stuffed ourselves with delicious soup, pasta, pizza and dessert.  I could hardly walk out the door.  (Remind me again of why I wonder why I can't lose weight???)

We, being the boring people we are, headed over to the PX on Foster to look for the printer ink that Kadena was out of.  No ink.  Then, we wandered over to the Twilight Zone...aka, the Power Zone Clearance Aisle. 

Printer ink.  We came to purchase printer ink.  We did not purchase printer ink.  We did however, purchase a Nintendo Wii.  And a game.  Same thing right?  Ink, video game console.  You can see the similarities, I'm sure. 

We've (okay, I've) been thinking about a Wii for awhile.  While the boys aren't quite video game age yet, Brendan is starting to get interested.  He has a Leapster that he enjoys, and a preschool computer game-and he delights in playing Daddy's flight simulator game.  So, with that said, a Wii seemed reasonable...for maybe Christmas.  Only, it's um, well, March.

But, it was ON SALE!  Yes, that makes all the difference in the world.  It was a customer return, and marked 25% off.  It has all the parts.  Good as new-and $50 bucks cheaper!   Score one for impulsiveness.

We also bought a scuba diving game.  I can't remember what it's called.  It came with a Wii Speak.  I'm convinced this is an important piece of Wii-quipment.  (It is, isn't it?  Pleaes tell me it is.)  Now, when we can't get out to actually scuba dive, due to the weather, the sea condition, it's too cold, no babysitter for for the little darlings, well, we can scuba dive anyways.  On the Wii.  BCD and regulator not required. 

But seriously, we're hoping to find a few family friendly games, and ones that can be good for being active and burning of the excess of energy that two little boys seem to make in endless quantities on rainy days. 

We wrapped up our day by a Starbucks date with friends (we shared a Frappuccino-calories don't count that way, right?), went to the Kadena BX to check out their stash of clearance stuff-not nearly as exciting-and picked up the kids, the car and came home. 

1 comment:

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

Wii Sports Resort is a good family game. They make Rock Band for the Wii, too...