Followers

Sunday 14 March 2010

Um, did you just lick my toes???

My children routinely crack me up.  (When they aren't driving me crazy, that is.)

The things that they do and say-my god.  I often wish I had recorded it to send into America's Funniest Home Videos-assuming that show is even still currently running.  I have no clue-I'm a little TV isolated here, in Japan.  We don't have any cable, so we don't see anything brand-new on TV, ever.  We actually pretty much never watch TV actually-just the kids stuff.

So, today, we were at the commissary, picking up a few things (60-freaking-dollars of a "few" things!).  We had paid and I was waiting for the bagger to finish up.  Brendan was jumping around and stepped on my toe.  I reminded him not to jump around-told him he had stepped on my toe and hurt it.  He apologized, and I went back to paying attention to the bagger.

Suddenly, I felt something-something wet-ON MY TOE!  Warm, wet and kind of squishy.  I looked down and it was Brendan, licking my toe!  Eww, eww, eww.  I'm not sure what was grosser-him licking my toe, or me having him lick my toe.

I told him (in my best parent voice) "Stop!  You do not do that."  He jumped up, the bagger finished, and we started walking out of the commissary.

I told him as we were walking out of the commissary, "Don't do that again.  We don't lick toes."

He said to me, "I was kissing your toe Mommy.  I hurt it."

I said, "Well, thank you for trying to make it better.  But, no kissing toes please.  That's yucky."

And then we went about our merry way.

No comments: